Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Some info on Spark Plug

Last Saturday, I tend to replace my stock spark plug as my odo reading is already at arond 11K+ kms.
As per Honda, spark plug replacement should be done when the odo reaches 8K, thus I am already way off in replacing my sp.

So, going to a motorcycle shop (not a Honda 3S shop) to purchase a new SP, I asked how much does is the sp for a CB110, was informed that it is PHP 100.00 (whoaaa....cheap, compared to Honda 3S). Then the seller gave me the sp, looking at the SP if found out that it has a different part number, the OEM SP is NGK CPR7EA-9 while the one I am purchasing is CPR6EA-9. The seller assured that other CB110 owner are purchasing the same SP.

Since I really have to replace my sp, I purchase the CPR6EA-9 but has some doubt in my mind. Nevertheless, I replace my old sp with the new one and my motorcycle seems to be fine.

Further, I consulted with my fellow tambay (http://motorsiklotambayan.forummate.com) if there will be any effect of not using the required SP and was assured that it is ok.

Just today, I researched about the CPR6EA and CPR7EA and found out that the number is the heat range of NGK spark plug (the "6" and "7"). Below are the link that explain the NGK part number.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/tech/design_symbols_plugs.pdf


No comments: