Monday, May 7, 2012

Boxx - The 1 meter Vehicle.

Found this posted / shared on my Tumblr account ( http://arlantiu.tumblr.com/ ) posted by garageprojectmotorcycles (http://garageprojectmotorcycles.tumblr.com/) thus I am reposting this as seems to be a very interesting vehichle. Below is the post of garageprojectmotorcycles.




Saw this ages ago and have been meaning to find the time to do a blog post about it. It’s 8:30pm on a Saturday night and I find myself living the high life on the couch in front of the TV with a laptop on my…um…lap.

I’d like to tell you a lot more about this … um…box thingy but their website is fairly shite.

I’ve worked out that it is electric, charges in 1 hour (with optional charger), can travel at a tad over 50km/h and is two wheel drive.



The company says it has an “Areodynamic* design. Very low vehicle drag coefficient”

Surely they lose credibility with this claim when the top speed is 50km/h. Aerodynamics isn’t going to have any effect with Morgan Freeman’s twin brother perched on top.

They also say…“all surface road terrain capable AWD, at demand sport performance, amazing feeling with a ”riding on rails” type of handling and stability”… aw FFS, how stupid do you think we are!
You can choose from 10 box colours and either black or tan seat. Here’s one I configured in red. Being so aerodynamic AND red, it’s sure to be faster than the other colours.

They cost US$3,995 as standard but if you want a three year warranty, a heated seat, a 1hr charger and CORE whatever that is then you can add a further $1,500+.

They showed the BOXX at the Portland 2012 International Auto Show.

I wish these guys luck, I really do. It’s not turning me on at the moment but neither would the Reitwagon if I was around in 1885


No comments: