Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Revisiting Marilaque on a Monday Morning Part 1

Solo ride of our brother Majongero to Marilaque. Taken from his post in MCP with his permission.
http://www.motorcyclephilippines.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1326113#post1326113

This morning, my girlfriend asked me to give her a ride to work. Although Monday mornings and I aren’t exactly best friends, I am but her slave so I said yes.

(The girlfriend’s been keeping me from riding. As long as she’d let me use my Bravo instead of my car, I’d say yes to anything.)

After bringing her to her office, she asked me if I could meet her at around lunch time because she’s going to her doctor. E wala naman akong gagawin, so once again I agreed to be her driver.

But what was I supposed to do in between? I got three immediate choices:

a. Go home and go back at lunchtime
b. Go to a nearby coffee shop and read old newspapers
c. Enjoy a quick ride to Marilaque

Not being able to ride for months now (reason clearly stated above), making this decision was really easy.

And although I enjoy group rides, I think I enjoy lone rides more. I set my own pace: I rest when I want to rest, I take pictures when I want to, I stop to eat when I am hungry, I get to talk with the locals, I am not in a rush to follow anyone’s lead.

I know almost everyone here has been to Marilaque. But riding there without the heavy bike traffic is just sweet heaven. I spare myself the “mini races” we normally encounter from one curve to another. This is probably my third lone ride in the area, and I don’t think I’m ever going back there on a weekend.

Please excuse my all too cliché-ish photos. (And yes, there are no other bikes here but my Bravo.)






No comments: