Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tagaytay Breakfast Ride Nov. 11, 2007

Photobucket Album

Here are the accounts of the Tagaytay quick ride last Sunday, November 11, 2007 by Coolworld, Bravo_Henry and Marjiancanya.

It was around 8 p.m. of Saturday, when Cool texted me if I am available for a quick ride to Tagaytay. This was a request from his wife who seems to become a ride addict since joining the every ride of PBRC. At first, it was hard for me to convince my wife to join because she’s not used of a long trip riding an MC and besides, I already made an earlier plan of bringing her and my kids to Church and KFC on Sunday. Using all my charm and convincing power, finally, my wife agreed.

Sunday morning came and my wife woke up early to prepare the stuffs that we need to bring to Tagaytay. It’s exactly 6:10 a.m. when we dropped by Shell Gas Station in Alabang near Metropolis to fill up my Bravo. While filling up, Cool texted me again informing me that he and his wife are already in Honda Cars Alabang waiting for us. It only took 10 minutes to reach the location where Cool and Josephine (Arlan’s wife) are waiting and for the first time, we introduced our wives to each other. I learned also from Cool that Henry and his wife are also joining the ride.

We took the route of Daang Hari and after reaching the road which separates Silang and Dasmarinas Cavite, we waited there for Henry’s arrival. It took us about 30 minutes of waiting, so, the four of us (Cool, Josephine, my wife Marj and I) got the chance to talk about our family and some personal matters (it’s secret!!). We even discussed the methods of family planning. Hahahaha.

Finally, Henry and his wife arrived! Henry informed us that he knows a short cut going to Tagaytay using the Silang route. Henry spearheaded the group, and Cool served as the Sweeper (as usual!). Along the way, we passed through a deep sloped road which I estimate at about 60+ to 70 degrees when my Bravo went off because I mistook of shifting to 3rd gear without using the 1st gear. After that incident, we successfully and finally reached Tagaytay at around 9a.m. and the guys decided first to look for an eatery serving hot “bulalo” for our breakfast. We entered an eatery near Petron Gas Station and thinking that it’s like ordering a “bulalo” from Mang Vic’s in Marilaque, I immediately ordered for 3 servings. Little did I know that an order of bulalo costs P300.00 pala per servings excluding the rice!!! After knowing how expensive the bulalo is, we immediately went off our seats and decided to look for another one which serves cheaper. Of course, we apologized to the eatery owner. After several questions of looking for a place to some people of Tagaytay, we went to a market where a lot of eatery serving “bulalo” is located. While waiting for our food to be served, a lot of vendors approached us and offered different kinds of delicacies for pasalubong. My wife bought some for our kids. After filling up our hungry stomachs and savor the good taste of “Tagaytay bulalo”, the group planned of looking for a nice place for sightseeing and picture taking. Henry spearheaded us again towards the junction road of Tagaytay where we found a little verandah where we took some pictures. We didn’t stayed there for long because we still need to go back home early to take care of our kids and do our pending household chores. Before going back home, we spared a little time at the fruit stand along the highway and both some fruits. I also bought a bottle of grape flavored “lambanog” for my dad.

When we reached the road separating DasmariƱas and Silang, Coolworld bid us goodbye and took the DasmariƱas road while Henry and I chose the Silang road. We really enjoyed that ride together with our wives and we see their happy faces while going back home. I hope this won’t be the last!!.

No comments: